Memory Dump Analysis Certification is available this September
Software Diagnostics Institute has finished processing basic and intermediate beta exam results and announces the exam availability in September, 2012. Memory Dump Analysis Services will handle exam payments and administration. Exams are planned for each quarter and usually follow Accelerated Windows Memory Dump Analysis training. The exam process outline:
- 24 hours before an exam date we send unique memory dumps to registrants.
- Registrants analyze memory dumps and write analysis reports in a free format highlighting found patterns of abnormal software behavior. Registrants may also additionally supply a log file to complement an analysis report.
- In 2 weeks time registrants receive a matrix with exam scores.
- Successful registrants receive a personalized certificate with a unique CID.
- The passing score is 75%.
- Additional diagnosed patterns may count as substitutes for missing standard patterns from a memory dump analysis report.
- Exam fee is 100 USD.
- Accelerated Windows Memory Dump Analysis training (online or in a book format) is recommended if a registrant doesn’t have several years of memory dump analysis and debugging experience or have experience only in process space analysis and not in kernel or complete memory dump analysis.
Registration information will be available in August, 2012.